Based on experience with previous versions of Dragonstaff designs using Dragon Adapter Cuffs, this latest model incorporates 17 years of experience with the Dragonstaff and 4 years of experience with the Dragon Adapter Cuff design.
Our new Rainbow Dragon Adapter Cuffs are the lightest Dragon Adapter Cuffs on the market (65g / adapter cuff, 272g / cuff with 4 spikes), and at the same time as strong and reliable as ever.
Quick link solution for instant assembling and disassembling: The connection of the spikes to the cuff is a quick link solution, which makes assembly and disassembly very quick and easy. The link is made using ball bearings fixed by steel springs, which can be fastened or loosened using the upper screws. Inserting and removing the spikes into / from the Adapter Cuff therefore takes only a single push / pull movement and does not require screwing movement or any tools.
Rainbow Adapter Cuff fits 4 spikes each, making it suitable for 8-headed or 10-headed Dragons.
The Rainbow Adapter Cuff is made from 6082 aluminium, which is reliable, solid and lightweight.
The spikes are made of 7075 space tech aluminium alloy, which is so lightweight it allows a 8 mm diameter for each of the spike without sacrificing stability or impact resistance.
This item includes:
- a pair of Rainbow Adapter Cuffs in the color of your choice (you can choose 1 color or 2 colors, if you choose 2 colors you can combine the 2 colors into one cuff)
- 8 quick link spikes with fireheads (normal or large heads)
- Alan key
The Rainbow Adapter Cuff can connect to any staff 25mm diameter or less. If the staff is less than 25mm you need to use some sort of tape to reach the exact diameter, aluminium tape is suitable and recommended for that. You can use also some strong tape under the cuffs to protect the surface of the silicone from scratching.
We recommend using the Rainbow Adapter Cuffs with either:
- If you prefer a 10-headed Dragonstaff: A Gora Contact Staff (solid Fire Contact Staff or the portable Collapsible Contact Staff). In this case your Dragonstaff will have 10 (2x5) fire heads total, with one large dancing flame and a ring of fire when you roll your Dragon. If you prefer the 10-headed version, order the Gora Contact Staff of your choice + this item, which includes the adapter and the spikes with fire heads.
- If you prefer a 8-headed Dragonstaff: A Gora Rainbow Dragon Staff Light (aluminum or carbon version, solid or collapsible version can be chosen under "Customize") designed for 8 (2x4) fire heads play, resulting in the lightest version of a Dragonstaff. If you prefer the 8-headed version, set parameters of the Gora Rainbow Dragon Staff Light, which includes the staff of your choice, the adapter and the spikes with fire heads.
Recommendations for use
- Choose the length of your Dragonstaff such that the distance between the two spike-crosses is at least 120 cm. For a Dragon Staff Light (for 8-heads) this means that the shortest recommended length of the staff is 120 cm. For a Contact Staff (10-heads) this means that we recommend a staff at least 150 cm long, in which case you should fix the spike-cross right next to the main fire head.
- Do not fasten the fixing screws in the Adapter Cuff too tight, it is sufficient to tighten it enough so that the Adapter Cuff (the cross) does not turn when you roll your staff. If you fix your screws too tight, you risk damaging the silicone on your staff or causing damage if your staff falls.
- For practice sessions you can apply the spikes by hand, but for fire spinning we recommend checking / tightening them to avoid losing them at high rotation speeds.
- Additional Information
SKU STA-023-Rainbow Brand Gora